Monday, June 27, 2011

All on socks...

Last night I finished the Harris Tweed Socks for my Dad's birthday in just under 2 weeks.  I am really happy with how these have turned out.  I think that socks in an 8ply is really the way to go - I just love the texture and how they look especially tension-wise.  I really think 3.75mm needles are the way to go.

I made the Boyfriend Socks in a 10 ply, and I don't think I like the texture of them.  I think it may be the needle size, so will be trying to make another pair of Thuja's for my brother's birthday (also in under 2 weeks).

It was really hard to get a nice pic of the Boyfriend Socks - black just doesn't show patterns very well!!  I am doing my Brothers Socks in a Navy, so hopefully that will show the pattern a bit better.  I am unsure whether to up or down a needle size to get a similar texture to the Harris Tweed Socks.  I think I will make them on 4.5mm needles so that they are just a little bit bigger for my brother's gigantic feet.

Once these final pair of socks are completed, I want to finish off the Little Lady Bug dress for Nessa and I also want to complete the Top Down Jacqueline (so I can wear it to the Bendigo Wool and Sheep Show).  Once these are completed, I want to make another February Lady Sweater as a KAL, but not sure what colour I want as yet as well as another Yggdrasil Afghan which I want to make out of a 4ply as a baby blanket.

So many projects, so little time...

No comments:

Post a Comment