Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cinderella Topsy-Turvy Doll

I seem to have lost my knitting mojo with everything going on in my life at the moment.  All of my current projects on my needles, just don't seem to be doing it for me.  I needed something new, exciting and different.

A few weeks ago I had to the idea of making a Cinderella Topsy-Turvy Doll for my partner's 3 year old daughter for Christmas.  I bought the wool on the weekend, but only cast on last night.  All of a sudden, my knitting mojo has come back with a vengeance and I can't wait to get home tonight to keep working on it!
Vanessa is a very girly girl, which was quite obvious when I introduced her to the world of Barbie DVDs - which has become a new love for her.  I thought about making her a little doll or something, and then I remembered the Cinderella doll.  I have always wanted to make it and this gave me the best option.

For the first time in a long time, I am using acrylic.  Yes, I can hear most of you groaning now, but let's face it - it's for a 3 year old and who knows how many times this is going to have to do a run through the wash?
The good news is that as she is so young, I was able to get her to help me pick her favourite colours in the wool without her having any idea what was going on.  Instead of being blue, the ball gown will be pink (her favourite colour) and rather than the yellow on the rags dress, it will be light and dark teal.  I haven't decided what colour the raggy bodice will be, but I will see what I have in my stash.
I hope she will love it as much as I am loving making it.  I really think that she will get a lot out of it!



These pics are from the Jean Greenhowe website

15 comments:

  1. My daughter was given one many years ago. I would love to have the pattern now that I have a granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this pattern and have adapted it to make a Mrs clause and a Christmas fairy doll

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I get this patten please as my mum has it but my nephew has ripped some of the pages

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love this pattern, where can I get it from please

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have this book gave it a lend to someone and never got it back

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi how do I get this pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a book with the pattern for topsyturvey Cinderella doll but after a move can’t find it. How can I get the pattern again?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could I have the pattern please

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could I please have the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  11. Want the free pattern

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can get the pattern in her Christmas special book on Amazon

    ReplyDelete