The other night I cast on (yet another project!!) shawl. This one is called the Maluka, and is a shawlette. I chose this as it was something a little different, and should knit up relatively quickly.
It is actually knit in a slightly different way to other shawls, in that the edging is knitted first, but luckily the stocking stitch that follows is done in short rows, so hopefully that will make it seem a little less daunting.
I am just over halfway through the edging at the moment, I have finished the 17th pattern repeat of 33. It's a little hard going at the moment, as I want to finish it, but I don't want to get too bored.
Here is a photo I took the other night. It's a little longer now though :)