Monday, September 26, 2011

Pretty Pink Curtains

So, not knitting related, but I just wanted to share the pretty pink curtains I made yesterday for my partner's daughter's bedroom.  For some reason, I really seem to enjoy making (hemming lol) curtains.  While I wouldn't want to do it all that often, I still enjoy the process of measuring, cutting and winding the bobbin (although my very old sewing machine doesn't seem to like winding bobbins so much any more lol).

As we are in the process of moving all of my stuff, I forgot to bring the pins, although I remembered the sewing machine.  I have to say though, I just ironed the hem into place and that seemed to work quite well.  While I would rather have the pins next time, it's nice to know that I can improvise and make it work.

Nessa was so excited about her pink curtains that she wanted to have her photo taken with them!  I have some left over material, so I might make some tiebacks for them as well when I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment