Monday, October 10, 2011

I started a quilt!

Because I got a new sewing machine a few weeks ago, I thought I would test it out well and truely by making my very first quilt!!

I went to spotlight with Carrie on Saturday morning before Stitch and Bitch and found a 5 pack of fat quarters on special for $11 in a Sock Monkey pattern.  Once I got these home, I have them an iron, and cut each piece into quarters to that I would have some squares.  As I had never done anything like this, I kept my seam allowance quite large so that I wouldnt make any mistakes, or at least nothing too huge! 

I am surprised by how quickly I was able to sew it all up!  I have to admit I really love the instant gratification of sewing!!  An entire baby blanket in under 6 hours! (or atleast the quilted top part lol!!)

I'll have to make another trip to spolight now to grab some batting, backing and bias binding to finish it all off.  

I also want to get a book on basic quilting/sewing to get me started - any ideas as to which one would be a good one?


No comments:

Post a Comment